Dec 28, 2018 0 Comments Healthy Recipes
Alpaca Coconut Cupcakes
These adorable Alpaca Coconut Cupcakes are as delicious as they are cute. Soft white coconut cupcakes are topped with coconut buttercream, shredded coconut and dark and white chocolate.
- SERVINGS 12 cupcakes
- PREP TIME 45 minutes
- COOK TIME 18-20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Extract
- White Chocolate
- Red food coloring
- Dark Chocolate
- Shredded Coconut
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners or grease pan with butter and lightly dust with flour.
- Cream butter and sugar and add eggs one at a time.
- Add in vanilla extract and coconut extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add coconut milk and the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full.
- Preheat oven at 350°F and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: Whip butter with electric mixer and slowly add powdered sugar. Add the milk, vanilla extract and coconut extract and beat for 5 minutes or until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- To assemble: Using an offset spatula, spread frosting on top of each cupcake making it as smooth as possible. Add shredded coconut on the top of 1/3 of the cupcake surface area.
- Chocolate decorations: Microwave white chocolate for 30 seconds until there are no lumps. Use a toothpick to paint triangles and circles on wax paper. Refrigerate chocolate for 20-30 minutes. Peel chocolate off wax paper and place triangles on the cupcake as ears and circles in the center of each cupcake. Microwave dark chocolate for 30 seconds until there are no lumps. Use toothpick to draw on the eyes and details. Add red food coloring in white chocolate to create pink rosy cheeks.
- Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!