Dec 28, 2018 0 Comments Healthy Recipes
Chocolate Hazelnut Quinoa Bread
This bread is made with all natural sweeteners and is a great protein-packed breakfast option for those who are gluten free.
- SERVINGS: One 9-inch loaf
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 50-60 minutes
- 2 cups Organic Quinoa Flour
- 1 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 2 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 cups Whole Milk room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Organic Tricolor Quinoa (about 1/3 cup dry quinoa, cooked to package directions)
- 2/3 cup Raw Hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips optional
- 1/3 cup Milk Chocolate Chips optional
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seed Hearts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 9-inch loaf tin with oil. Set aside.
- Make the Bread: In a large bowl, add the quinoa flour, 1-to-1 baking flour, cardamom, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and honey. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until the butter has melted. Add to the dry ingredients, along with the milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the precooked quinoa, hazelnuts, dark chocolate and milk chocolate chips. Spread the mixture into the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven and grasp both sides of the parchment to remove it from the pan. Place the loaf (with the parchment) on a cooling rack and, while it begins to cool, make the glaze.
- Make the Glaze: Preheat a saucepan on medium heat. Add butter and honey, and whisk to combine. Add hemp hearts and continue to stir constantly for 2 minutes while glaze gently bubbles. Remove from heat and immediately spoon over the top of the warm bread.