Dec 28, 2018 0 Comments Healthy Recipes
These flaky, delicious biscuits are also grain and gluten free, thanks to our premium quality Cassava Flour! Make them for your next dinner party, use them for sandwiches, or top with strawberries for delicious shortcake.
- SERVINGS 6 biscuits
- PREP TIME 15 minutes
- COOK TIME 15-18 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Cassava Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter very cold and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 Egg Whites
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- In a food processor, combine together all the dry ingredients, pulsing a few times to combine. Add in the butter, pulsing until the butter is the size of peas. Once you’ve achieved the consistency you’re looking for, pour the cassava-butter mixture into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and apple cider vinegar, then pour into the cassava mixture. Mix with a spoon and set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the two egg whites to stiff peaks. Once you’ve whipped the whites, fold them into the cassava dough until they’re mixed in completely.
- Dump the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and mold into a rough ball. Place another piece of parchment paper on the top and use a rolling pin to roll the dough to a 2-inch thickness. Cut with a biscuit or cookie cutter: make sure to press down directly and don't twist the cutter (this will seal the edges of the biscuit and inhibit rising). Press together unused dough and repeat the rolling and cutting procedure.
- Group biscuits tightly together on a parchment lined baking sheet or greased cast iron pan and bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.