Dec 28, 2018 0 Comments Healthy Recipes
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bars
Capture the tart flavors of cranberry and orange in these Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bars. The crust, crumble and cranberry filling all come together in the work bowl of your food processor making clean up a breeze! They are freezer friendly, delicious and the perfect post-meal treat.
These bars freeze beautifully. Cool, slice, and wrap tightly or store in airtight container for up to one month.
- SERVINGS: 16 2-inch squares
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 50 minutes
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/4 cup fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse a few times to combine.
- With the motor running, drop in butter 1 tablespoon at a time and run until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour crumble mixture into a bowl and scoop 2 cups into your prepared baking pan. Press firmly with fingertips to create a solid crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, sugar and flour into the work bowl of your food processor (no need to clean in between uses) and run until smooth.
- Remove par baked crust from oven. Carefully pour in cranberry filling over crust (pan will be hot!) and sprinkle remaining crumble evenly over cranberry layer.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 40 minutes, rotating at the midway point.
- Cool completely before slicing and dust with powdered sugar.